Gokyo valley trek is one of biggest glacier and lakes which is in the base camp of the Mt. Cho oyu (8216m). This is one of the popular and classic treks in the higher places of Khumbu valley. The Khumbu region is comprehensibly one of the most popular and a spectacular destination for adventure seekers and it offers the best opportunity to achieve the Himalayan experience. This trek begins with a dramatic scenic flight to Lukla (2820m). Starting of second day will get Namche Bazzar where acclimatization for straightforward to this trek. It is one of beautiful views of the high snow capped peaks and to the famous views point Gokyo Ri (5430m) from where you can have a breath taking view and hundreds of charming scenery. Also have many glacier lakes in the surrounding area which is most attractive for travelers. Main destination is Gokyo Ri (5430m) from where lots of Himalaya views sees including world highest peak Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Cho oyu (8216mtr) Lhotse Highest fourth (8540m) And Many more above 6 thousand mountain.
Sagarmatha National Park is listed by world heritage sites, which cover Everest region and offers the spectacular view of the highlights of higher mountains as well as friendly Sherpa people, who are break recorder to climb the highest mountains along Mt. Everest. Himalayan wildlife commonly seen as musk dear, mountain goats, colorful Pheasants besides these rare species of Red Panda & Snow Leopard are an another attraction for the visitors. Pine and birch tree are the common forest here as well as colorful rhododendron flowers welcome you on spring. Monasteries can be found most of the places in bottom part, which makes you spiritual soul, and the flattering flags can be seen everywhere. This trek is popular classic trek shall visit once for lifetime experiment .
Fact of Trek
Trek: Gokyo Valley
Trek start: Lukla
Maximum altitude: 5430m
Minimum altitude: 2820m
Grade: Moderate & Fairly Strenuous
Season: Spring & Autumn
Duration: 14 Days
Trek End: Lukla
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m) & trek to Phakding (2,652m) walking (4-5) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m) walking (6-7) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar visit to Khumjung valley where is School sponsor by sir Admun Hillary and khunde valley Hospital sponsor by sir admun hillery and watch first beautiful mountain view Mt. Everest and Amadablam and Mt. Thamsirku. Then back to Namche bazaar stay overnight same lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Dole (4200m) walking (6-7) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Machharmo (4470m) walking (4-5) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo (4760m) walking (4 hrs) after lunch visit to 5 th lake then back to Gokyo stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Early morning ascend to Gokyo Ri (5,430m) (2 hrs) and back to Hotel then trek to Machermo walking (6-7) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Monjo (2860m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2,800m) walking (5-6) hrs stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu (35 minuts) Transfer to Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 13: Shopping and relaxing in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure from kathmandu representative will drop you in airport by private vehicle.If you have more or less day to do this trek according to your demand I can arrange.
- Kathmandu airport Picks up and drops by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu Hotel 4 nights with breakfast according to your willing category Hotel.
- Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu flight ticket with airport departure tax.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing full day by private vehicle.
- During trek meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast with tea or coffee).
- One English speaking Government trained license holder and well informatics trekking guide.
- One porter for two person luggage carries.
- All expenses Guide and Porters (salary, meal, accommodation, flight ticket, equipment and insurance etc.).
- Sagarmatha National Park entry fees.
- TIMS card fees, Trekking Information Management System.
- First aid kit bag.
- Nepal entry visa fee (us $ 30 for 60 days). When you arrive in Katmandu airport you can easily issue it.
- Your travel insurance.
- In Katmandu meal yourself (lunch and dinner)
- Hard and soft table drinks (coke, mineral water, beer any alcoholics).
- Toilet paper, heater charge, battery charge, Hot shower etc.
- Chocolate bar, laundry service, any personal problem.
- Tips for stuff.
I met Jaya in April 2007, who guided me on the Gokyo - Cho La pass - Everest Base Camp
The climbing peaks of Nepal can be broadly categorized into groups 'A' and 'B'. The categorization
Nepal is a multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-ethnic country. As a result the number of
We provide you infinite choices of Hotel accommodations in Nepal ranging from
It is our pleasure to notify you that you can book both domestic international air
Tibet is a wealthy and gorgeous land with an average elevation over 4,000m
Jaya Gurung (Tour Operator)
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal